Players must attend high school in Colorado or Wyoming. Players on out of state teams that return to a Colorado/Wyoming HS in the spring are eligible. Players must also be enrolled in ALL 9th grade level or higher classes. Eligibility for HPHL is determined solely by grade level, not birth date, ability, or size. Players in 8th grade during the spring season are not eligible.
Players need to try out for the team their school is affiliated with.
They are NOT to attend tryouts for multiple teams.
School affiliations are listed on our team page.
Private, online, or home schooled players should use the public school attendance area they live in to find their team affiliation.
Players without a team affiliation will be placed by HPHL.
Many of our Douglas County teams are not able to take players from private schools due to school district policy. Players affected by this DCSD policy will be placed on other near by teams by HPHL.
Additional questions - See FAQ's on left side bar or contact HPHL.
Players (for all teams):
- $20 to register with HPHL. This is not refundable unless the season is cancelled due to COVID.
- As of 3/1 pre-approval from the league will be needed in order to sign up.
- No further players will be added after 3/15/2021.
Girls opting to play both girls and coed, will only be charged one $20 registration fee.
You will need a credit card to pay online (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
Online registration fees are NON-refundable.
- There is an option to purchase RegSaver insurance through AIG for 7% of the registration fee or $7 minimum.
- As this insurance is offered by AIG (not SportsEngine or HPHL) all questions regarding the insurance or to file a claim must be directed to AIG at 866-690-6859.
- More information regarding RegSaver and AIG can be found here.
Coaches, Managers, Club Coordinators:
- No charge to register with HPHL.
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW - SELECT THE APPROPRIATE TAB
Link is at the end of step 2 in red.
We do not recommend using Internet Explorer to register as it does not always seem to work.
Chrome is a good option.
STEP ONE - USA HOCKEY REGISTRATION
- Have your 2020-2021 USA Hockey number handy.
- Click here if you have already registered with USA Hockey, but need to look up your number.
- Click here to register with USA Hockey if you have not already done so this fall or winter.
- There is a $66 charge to register with USA Hockey.
- Once you have your USA Hockey confirmation number, return to this site to finish your registration.
STEP TWO - HPHL REGISTRATION
- You will either need to log into your Sportsengine account or create a new account. Log in/create account links are in the upper left corner of the page.
- The account MUST be in a parent's name. You will not be able to register the account holder as a player.
- You can register multiple players from your account.
- Make sure you enter an accurate and valid email address for at least one parent. This email will be used for league communication.
- Be sure to enter the school the player actually attends.
- If the player is homeschooled, attends an online, private, charter, or open-enrollment school, you will also need to enter the public school attendance area the player lives in.
- If the school is not listed, look for the "not listed" option at the top of the list. Checking that will allow you to enter the actual school in the next box.
- Once registered a team representative will contact you regarding tryouts and required paperwork.
- Return to this page to complete the final steps after you have submitted the online registration.
STEP THREE - MANDATORY CREDENTIALS AND PAPERWORK
Players born in 2003 or earlier will need to complete SafeSport Training prior to being added to a roster. If this was done during the fall or winter seasons it is still valid and does not need to be redone.
- The "Required Core Training" course can be accessed here. Do not take the Youth Athlete Training courses, as they do not meet this requirement.
Each player will need to provide the following to their team manager:
- First semester grades on school letterhead showing a 2.0 or above (for the semester, not cumulative) and no F’s. Contact the team manager or club coordinator if not currently grade eligible for further instructions.
- School ID. The grade report with player's name and school listed can be used as school id as long as it is from the Colorado or Wyoming HS that will be used for team assignment. If the initial grade report is from a different HS, then a copy of the Colorado or Wyoming HS ID will be needed.