Interested in Coaching with Summit Youth Hockey
2023-2024 Season Coaching Requirements:
All coaches (head, assistants & parent) must be educated at the proper clinic level and have completed the following:
- Register with USA Hockey
- Complete the required background screening
- Complete the required SafeSport training
- Complete the appropriate Age-Specific Training Module
- Complete Proper Clinic Level before Dec. 31
To confirm your CEP#, completed modules, and CEP Expiration, please visit http://cepsearch.usahockey.com
Explanation of each requirement:
- USA Hockey Registration: Annual registration. Please use the name you have used in previous seasons.
- USA Hockey SafeSport Certification: The SafeSport Training and Refresher Training are valid for one (1) season beginning on 4/1/2023. SafeSport is now a yearly requirement consisting of a core course and three refresher courses. Every fourth year one must take the core course again.
- USA Hockey Background Screen: The background screening is valid for two years. If you are unsure if you need to complete it, please ask the registrar. Please allow at least two weeks for your background screening to clear. You will not be allowed to be placed on a roster until the screening is clear. USA Hockey has already entered your self-registration ID number on the screen's first page. You do not need to change this number.
- USA Hockey Age-Specific Modules: These modules are available in August. One-time requirement per module. This requirement must be completed to be rostered on a USA Hockey roster. USA Hockey requires the online age-specific modules to be completed before a coach can be on the bench or ice.
- USA Hockey Coaching Education Program Clinic: You must have a current CEP coaching license. The exception is you may coach 8U with an expired license. You must update your license by Dec. 31, 2023. CEP courses will be offered in person or virtually. You may attend a virtual class offered by any State. Find Clinics here: (http://usahockey.com/coachingclinics)
- Online Concussion Training: Annual certification with no cost.
All information regarding coaching requirements can be found at http://usahockey.com/rules